Requirements for scholarship
The Philadelphia Unit of the Herb Society of America, a group “dedicated to promoting the knowledge, use and delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience of its members with the community,” is pleased to offer a $1,000.00 scholarship to students enrolled in certificate or degree programs related to the study of horticulture or similar fields.
The criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
1. Home residence must be in Bucks, Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester, or Delaware counties.
2. Students enrolled in a certificate or degree program in Horticulture, Botany, Agricultural Sciences, or Agronomy.
3. Two references: one advisor or professor, and one person of student’s choice. It is the applicant’s responsibility to send references with the application.
4. An official school transcript must be sent with the application.
5. Essay: Why did you choose the field of horticulture (or related field) and what do you plan to do with your education in the future?
6. Applicants may reapply the following year.
7. All applications must be received by June 30.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions about our scholarship program.
Rena Harrington Barnett, Scholarship Chairperson
610-566-7394 or firstname.lastname@example.org