HSA Philadelphia Unit2014 Scholarship Application
The Philadelphia Unit of the Herb Society of America, a group dedicated to promoting the knowledge, use and the delight of herbs through educational programs, research and sharing the experience of its members with the community, is pleased to offer a scholarship this year. The Unit will award $1,000.00 to a student pursuing the study of horticulture or a related field.
The criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
1. Home residence must be in Bucks, Philadelphia, Montgomery, Chester, or Delaware counties.
2.Full time student pursuing a degree in Horticulture, Botany, Agricultural Sciences, or Agronomy.
3. Two references: one advisor or professor, and one person of student's choice. It is the applicant's responsibility to send references with the application.
4. An official school transcript must be sent with the application.
5. Essay: Why did you choose the field of horticulture (or related field) and what do you plan to do with your education in the future?
6. If no qualified undergraduates apply, consideration will be given to a full time graduate student.
Applicants may reapply the following year.
All applications must be received by July 31, 2014.
For more information, contact:
Rena Harrington Barnett, Scholarship Chairperson at 610-566-7394 or email@example.com
Joanne Montowski, Scholarship Co-chair at 610-970-5264
Please download application materials by clicking on the following link: